Things I’ve been doing in the last two weeks of December while my favorite shows have been in repeats or off the air.
1. Clearly not sending out holiday cards. Penciled that in for January.
2. Trying to figure out who Kendra Wilkinson is and why every gossip mag cares that she had a baby.
3. Finally watched a few minutes of the Kardashians for the first time but had to turn it off because Bruce Jenner freaked my sh*t out.
4. Obsessively watching the first season of “Friday Night Lights” which is the most fantastic show ever. EVER, PEOPLE. On the airplane to and from Atlanta, I watched 4 episodes and now Rick must catch up before I can watch anymore. I’ve told him to skip work and focus only on watching the DVDs but so far he refuses to do so. Must hover over him until he finally bends to my will.
5. Watched the Zac Efron/Matthew Perry movie, “17 Again.” Actually paid for this movie on demand. Completely enjoyed it. Wondered who the old guy playing the dad was and then realized, hey, that’s Matthew Perry and he’s my age. Started wondering if I looked that old.
6. Thought about sending out those holiday cards but realized that we lost our address list when we moved. Figure out how to create a new address list in January.
7. Ate 10,000 pounds of pumpkin pie and holiday cookies. Felt nauseous and guilty from said indulgence. Still feel better about myself than Tiger Woods or Charlie Sheen.
8. Contemplated why Reese Whitherspoon and Jake Gyllenhaal broke up when they are obviously meant to be. Wondered why Kate Hudson and A-Rod ever went out in the first place. Spent time accepting that it’s sad to be investing in the love lives of strangers. Even if they are celebrities.
9. Thought about making a New Year’s Resolution list but that is so 2009. 2010 is all about what I’ve been doing while my favorite shows have been off the air.
10. Realize that I now have no resolutions so I must steal them from other funny bloggers.
Happy New Year everyone! Wishing you an ultra fabulous new year!! xo
P.S. Yes, I really have watched “Gary Unmarried.” No, you should not bother watching this show unless you wonder what Jay Mohr looks like in a white t shirt while eating barbeque and reciting dumb lines.
mama bird notes:
Contributing mama Karen Palmer Bland writes about bathing her four kiddos. Well, make that not bathing her kids. If you have ever felt guilty about skipping the bath, you must read this piece. Click on contributing mamas to read more.