This post is sponsored by Vamousse.
It’s mimosa time! I mean, back to school time!
Now you were probably smart and ordered the prepackaged school supplies. The ones where you just write a check and then a box shows up on your kid’s desk the first day of school.
Well, somehow my oldest daughters convinced me that they needed to get school supplies themselves so they could choose personalized folders and notebooks that represented their unique personalities.
Personalized folders and notebooks = 3 hours at some big box store practically wrestling other parents to get the last composition notebook.
But no matter how you acquired your supplies, I’ve noticed there are a few things missing on those school supplies lists. (Spoiler alert: One of them will eradicate evil lice!) So you’ll want to make sure you have these on hand…
1. A bullhorn to get the kids out of bed. I still can’t figure out why smart phones don’t have a “bullhorn” alarm option. The child who was bouncing out of bed at 6:30 a.m. all summer can now just not summon the strength to get up. (Don’t worry – they’ll get their energy back on weekends.)
2. Extra coffee so parents are alert enough to remember what time every kid needs to be at which school. Caffeine will at least give them a shot at getting it right.
3. Ear plugs so parents don’t have to listen to children complain that the summer is over or their uniforms are too uncomfortable or their teacher makes them learn things or they have to sit next to the kid who hums songs from the show Hamilton all day (and how did he get tickets anyway?!).
4. A camera/phone to photograph the first day of school. Okay, you’ll will likely forget and take it on the 3rd or maybe 57th day of school. Whatever. Kids are over photographed these days anyway.
5. Stock up on Vamousse. Because you just know some kid is coming back to school with lice and omg, you can’t handle those nervous breakdown inducing critters.
Vamousse lice treatment kills lice and eggs in one 15 minute treatment, is non toxic and pesticide free (which is why I love it!) and is effective on pesticide resistant super lice. And the mousse is very easy to apply.
You remember what it was like applying mousse in the 80’s! Oh wait, you’re too young to remember. Okay, well take it from this 80’s girl – it’s a cinch. I can sing you a few Madonna songs while you do it.
Vamousse also has a daily non toxic shampoo that defends against lice when used for 10-14 days following a potential exposure. Because the only thing better than getting rid of lice quickly is not getting it in the first place.
I also like to constantly rant and rave to my children about not sharing their friends hairbrushes, hairbands and headbands but I think they pretty much hear.. “blah blah blah” because once I finish they look up and say, “Did unicorns live at the same time as dinosaurs?”
Because if your kid doesn’t get lice, than you already know it’s going to be a great year. I mean, except for that two week period when you agree to take home the school guinea pig and she immediately escapes her cage and you spend days trying to catch a runaway rodent. But other than that – a great year.
This post was sponsored by Vamousse. All ideas are my own.