I’m STILL recovering from surgery. I know, this post surgery thing is really glamorous! For the past four weeks, my dad has sent me the same text almost every day. It goes like this…
“You are one day closer to full recovery. xo” Here’s an example…
(He wasn’t really in Australia). But see what I mean?
So here is the 4 week evolution of my reaction to this daily text…
- Aww… that’s so sweet. My dad is awesome.
- How nice that he keeps checking in. I’m healing papa!
- A little redundant but the sentiment is so loving.
- Wow, same text. Is this a senior thing?
- Okay, he’s messing with me.
- The emotional distress from receiving the same text every day is hampering the healing process. (I think. I’m not a doctor.)
- On the upside, he definitely knows how to cut and paste!
- How do I make him stop?!
- By saying the same thing to me every day, is he doing an impersonation of my 4 year old son Chase?
- Please make him stop. I’ll just tell him I’m healed.
- Okay, I’m changing my number.
In other news, all I wanted for Valentine’s Day was to get the light dimmer in our bathroom to stop humming. Obviously, it’s not world peace but it’s something.
My husband Rick sent the electrician this blog post to motivate him to get to our house and actually install a new dimmer. And like they say, the third dimmer was…
the one that hummed the loudest! (I think that’s the saying.)
Next year, I’m asking for world peace.
Although Rick also sent me gorgeous flowers and left his nail clippings in the sink so I can’t really say the fake holiday was a loss.
Finally, as you may know… I’m co-hosting a Twitter party on Monday night for Luvs Diapers & Wipes! Please join me and you could win some money!! It’s next Monday night, 9 pm EST and we are giving away $500 in gift cards plus diapers. Yahoo!! Thanks Luvs! If you want more info, check out this post here. #AD