1. There are HD channels?!
2. Attempted once to find the high definition channels but then got exhausted by the 500’s and had to take a power nap.
3. Rarely notice the difference between HD and non-HD anyway. Of course, I still can’t tell the difference between Amy Adams and Isla Fisher.
4. HD shows hog all the space on my DVR and then my DVR will cruelly delete “Chicago Fire” and leave on all 38 episodes of Disney’s “ANT Farm.”
5. A sharp focus is not always the most flattering. Just ask Barbara Walters.
6. High definition is too fancy. I like my TV gritty and old school. “The Love Boat” would have been way too flashy in HD.
7. I don’t watch sports which apparently are amazing in HD. I think I might have once watched 2 minutes of a basketball game in high def. Or maybe it was on the regular channel. Refer back to #3.
8. Feeling of solidarity among many women who can’t be bothered to watch or care about high definition television.
9. I would hate to miss the look of awe on my husband’s face when we sit down to watch a show together and he realizes I have not recorded it in HD. Again.