By Contributing Mama Jordana Bales
I’m so looking forward to having dinner tonight with you and the girls! Ava hasn’t seen Talia since her third birthday party and you won’t believe how big Lila has gotten. Since we have so much to catch up on and a limited amount of time I have taken the liberty of putting together a list of topics I want to cover. I see our conversation going something like this:
1. Literature – I just finished a great book “The Post-Birthday World” it shows how your life can take a completely different path based on one choice (um… Like having kids??!!) – you’d love it!
2. Our mutual friend who is 48 but obsessed with having child number 2 and is spending $$$$$ on surrogates and in vitro.
Ava please sit down. We’re having dinner.
3. Public vs. private schools (I just can’t believe you live in such a good district and are seriously thinking of sending Talia to private school!).
4. Staying at home versus working – is freelancing really the best of both worlds?
Ava, if you don’t finish your food, no lollypop. Stop, that’s for Lila!
5. Definition of irony complete with real-life examples
6. Potty Training (on the D.L. of course since Talia is constipated and you were advised by your pediatrician to not mention it for a bit)
7. Weekend plans – Clifford is expected at Barnes and Noble! Purim party at the Y!
Ava sit down. I’m serious.
8. Play group over the summer – are the kids too big? Is everyone doing camp instead?
AVA SIT DOWN!!! SIT DOWN OR WE’RE LEAVING! STOP CRYING!!!
I AM GOING TO COUNT TO THREE AND YOU WILL SIT DOWN.
SIT DOWN NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
9. Effective communication with a toddler.